12.18.2007

On the subject of wind burn

So wind burn isn't usually fun. But if you've been out on a boat all day, or out on jet skiis, or skiing or snowboarding down a mountain, it's really not so bad. Pretty much worth it to enjoy yourself and have fun.

Wind burn because you were on a "barge" on a river, inspecting a bridge in 35 degree weather really, just isn't worth it. It's been a long week, and it's only Tuesday night, lol. I'll be out there again tomorrow, and probably thursday too from the look of it. If I'm out there friday I might cry. I had on thermal pants and jeans, thick snowboard socks that went up to my knees, a second pair of socks, my work boots, a tank top, thermal shirt, t-shirt, fleece long sleeve shirt, sweatshirt, jacket, scarf, hat, hard hat, gloves. And I still froze my ass off. If I put any more layers on I can't climb up and down the scaffolding on the "barge", which is really just a wooden raft. It's so shabby looking, but it's really pretty stable.

Soooooooooooo anyway. I'm wearing like 3 layers now to get warm again, lol. Even after a long hot shower I'm still a bit chilled.

Kim has a gorgeous new kit out called "Purple Christmas"! It's super versatile and can be used for all sorts of things! Here's a LO I made with it. The picture is of some new decorations that I got for the house for Christmas that I'm way excited about. Not purple, but that's what hue/saturdation/sepia are for! LOL!


I just LOVE that dove bird element. SO cute!! Kim really knows how to put a kit together :o) AND it's on sale @ 25% off right now! So hurry and go get it already!!

I'm chilly and tired, I think it's time for bed.
Have a great day tomorrow everyone!!
*Hugs* n Love
~Col

No comments: