1.25.2008

Fridaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy!!

Can ya tell I'm excited?? In just a few short hours I will be out of work and officially on vacation! WOOT!! I caaaaan't wait! Plus my sister has switched her flight and is coming in on thursday morning instead of friday morning! So she gets to party with us on thursday night for the bachelorette party! wOOt!! I think we're all going to have a really fun time.

So I'm tweaking the look of the blog a bit. Nothing major yet, just prepping. I'll work on a new header when I get back from FL. Are you itching for some 365 photos? Here's me on wednesday night at our favorite little italian place down in the city, Amicci's:

Since Amicci's didn't have a good dessert menu (ie they only had chocoloate chip canoli's), Jordan was a good man and drove me around to The Cheesecake Factory, where I picked up a slice of the heavenly goodness that is Adam's Peanut Butter Cup Fudge Ripple Cheesecake (here's a picture Kim! I can't believe you don't have a CF over there!!):
(and yes it counts cuz I took it yesterday. I was too stuffed to eat any of it on wednesday night!)

So there are my 2 photo's so far. I wish they were better, but this just strengthens my case for an SLR! LOL! Soon I hope. Fingers crossed and all that goodness. Actually, maybe I'll use that surplus check we're supposed to be getting from the government.....hmmm..... *gears turn inside head*

So this is a random post for the day, but I'm really close to 25 points for SSD's Sweet Rewards, and I'd REALLY like to get a 40% off coupon for next month. Too many designers have come out wtih amazing kits that I (obviously) MUST HAVE! LOL!

Youtube has some of the most ridiculous and random videos you've ever seen in your life. One such is as follows. I absolutely died laughing (since I'm a Giants Fan). My Dad sent it to me the other day. :o)

Hitler was a Cowboys Fan


And since it's so cold out, and I'm headed to a warmer climate in a few days, here's a cute survey:
You Are a Cappuccino

You're fun, outgoing, and you love to try anything new.
However, you tend to have strong opinions on what you like.
You are a total girly girly at heart - and prefer your coffee with good conversation.
You're the type that seems complex to outsiders, but in reality, you are easy to please

Interesting, although I don't know about the girly girly part. Although I am thoroughly obsessed with the new shoes I bought yesterday to wear to the wedding (don't worry, you'll see them eventually, I plan to take a picture for one of the days assignments).

So I've been spending a lot of time at SSD and MSA. They're both smaller communities, which is nice. And since Traci sells there, it's good to whore out her product to some of the people most likely to buy it. Plus I get more one on one with people in the gallery, so I feel like I'm pushing Kim's products too a little bit.
I think that my favorite challenge over there is the Paper to Digi. They find a paper scrapper's gallery on the net, and you lift it and make it your own as a digi lo. It's really a lot of fun, and I feel it really pushes my limits sometimes. Here's one I just finished of Jordan. He makes it hard to take pictures of him, but at least he's kinda smiling in it :oP

I think that LO also has some pretty good clustering, which is something I really want to work on this year. I love scrapping because I really don't have a set style. Some days I feel like putting a million elements on my LO, and other days I go with a much more simpler style. I really find myself drawn to the opposites of the spectrum. Very graphic layouts with little to no embellishing, and then super busy layouts wtih millions of elements and amazing shadow work. I really struggle wtih putting oodles and oodles of elements on my pages effectively, so I'm really going to work on that this year.

I just finished my root beer, and I'm way sad about that. LOL! It was so tasty!

So my mom and I are definitely doing this: ScanMyPhotos.com. I went through all my boxes of pictures last night (seriously, teenagers should not take so many stupid pictures) and pull out what I want to be scanned. It was a little more than I was expecting, but when I put it all in the box (I went with the prepaid box for $99 plus a duplicate DVD for my mom) there is still TOOOOOOOOOOOOONS of space for all her photos. If I'm really awesome, I can get everything sorted at home and get the box to the post office tomorrow to be mailed out. It would be SO awesome to have all those photos waiting for me to play with when we get back from vacation. I'm really excited about scrapping pictures from my childhood. Now if only we could get all those REALLY old photos my grandparents. Then I'd be in hog heaven! Eventually I would really love to set up a Family Tree type book, but I have to see what kind of pictures everyone has first.

Good lord I wrote a novel! LOL! Ok ok, enough rambling for today. If you're good maybe I'll check in tomorrow and post the picture I take for today. I think tomorrow's pic will be of the dogs if I can get up before mom takes them to the vet to be boarded. Poor Scooby fell down the stairs last night. He's getting so old. :o(

Have a great night, a great weekend, and a wonderful week while I'm away!
Photobucket

PS~I got my hands on Kim's Valentine's Day kit, and whooooooooo-eeeeeee you will not be disappointed!!! Definitely pick it up when it hits DSO next week!!!


1 comment:

Beth said...

Oooooh... I am soooo jealous!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Cheesecake Factory! (We have one 20 minutes from my house.... and it's YUMMY!) AND I love italian food too.... so I am in major 'envy Colleen mode' right now.... Ha ha ha! Your 365 pics project sounds really cool.... can't wait to see more of your shots. Mine would probably just be of my kids - and I guess that would be cheating, right?